Website Manager

Chandler American Little League

Chandler American Little League

News Detail


Apr, 2020

Message from the Board of Directors

Chandler American Families:

We wanted to update you on the status of our league and the 2020 season.  In our previous update, we informed you that Little League International requested that leagues suspend their season until April 6th due to the COVID-19 outbreak.  Considering that April 6th was merely two-weeks after opening day, we looked at the schedule and determined we could still offer our families a full season without missing virtually any games.

Since that time, Little League International has requested that leagues suspend their seasons until May 11th.  This request has come without any plan for the 2020 season.  Despite this recommendation, we decided to follow the local schools which had suspended classes until April 10th.  We believed that if the schools were back in session and campuses open we would be able to start our season.

At this time, schools have cancelled classes through the remainder of the year.  Furthermore, restrictions imposed upon our community have tightened.  Restrictions ranging from the shuttering of our fields/restrooms to the closure of schools for the remaining year to the state-wide lockdown issued last weekend, significantly decreases the opportunity to have a 2020 baseball season at all.

Some of us are fanatics about baseball in Chandler American because it provides our children the opportunity to participate in America’s greatest past time without regards to skill level.  It also provides us parents the opportunity to socialize on a large level with the awesome folks in our league.  However, a large level social experience is the one thing none of us can, or should do at this moment, in order to collectively conquer this virus.

We are mindful of the economic turmoil being hitting our community resulting from the measures taken to combat this virus.  We will beat this virus, but acknowledge it is going to take some time for things to get back to normal.  We clearly see the headwinds and there is no need to wait until May 11th for us to take action, especially since families are facing greater pressures than a missed baseball season.  This does not mean we are formally cancelling the season.  We are not at this time.

However, effective immediately, we will begin the process of issuing refunds of registration fees upon request.   We have determined that we can offer a refund of registration fees minus $10.00 per player.  The $10.00 is comprised of the uniform costs (socks, belts jersey numbering) plus the $3.00 service charge that was collected at the time of registration by Sports Connect, the provider of our registration website.  Chandler American does not receive any portion of this $3.00 service fee.  In return, Players and coaches get to keep their uniforms. 

Additionally, you still entitled to the photographs that come with your registration fee.  The photographer has indicated that you will still be able to receive your print package included in your registration fee once the “shelter-in-place” order is lifted.  She will arrange a pickup day or get them to the coaches as soon as possible for distribution.  She will make every effort to make sure that you all receive them one way or another and make herself available for pickups.  It you would like to place an order, you can view the gallery link would like to note that there will be a delay in any orders as the labs are currently closed due to COVID-19.  However, she will process your orders as soon as they re-open.  If you have any questions please email [email protected] and she will be happy to help. 

Finally, we ask that you exercise some patience with the process as we will need to manually write refund checks and mail them out once requested.  Please email our league Treasurer Nate Berg at [email protected] to request a refund. 

We are not cancelling the season at this time.  We are still hopeful we will get to play some baseball at some point.  Some of us are taking a wait-and-see approach to see what the plan is from Little League.  If things improve to the point the all-clear is given, we will be back on the field.  We’re optimist.  Whatever direction you choose, we will get through this it and the kids will be back on the field soon.

Board of Directors

Chandler American Little League






Chandler American Little League
9920 S. Rural Road, #108-143
Tempe, Arizona 85284

Email: [email protected]

Copyright © 2020 Chandler American Little League  |  Privacy Statement |  Terms Of Use |  License Agreement |  Children's Privacy Policy  Log In