Chandler American Little League
2021 COVID-19 Mitigation Plan
(As of January 20, 2021)
The highest priority of Chandler American Little League (“CALL”) is to create and provide a fun, safe and healthy environment for all players, participants and spectators to enjoy the game of baseball. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, CALL will follow current guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”), the State of Arizona, Maricopa County and the City of Chandler. We will continuously monitor this guidance and update our mitigation plan accordingly.
We encourage all participants, parents and visitors to comply with the following guidance throughout the 2021 season:
1. Regular and repeated hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and before eating, when using the restroom, when handling your mask, and leaving the baseball field. Avoid touching eyes, nose, face, mouth as much as possible.
2. Making regular use of an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
3. Proper wearing of a face-covering in the presence of individuals who reside outside your immediate household.
4. Maintain social distancing of at least six (6) feet apart in public areas.
5. Stay home if you are sick, feeling ill, have a fever or have been exposed to COVID 19.
6. The number of spectators allowed will comply with City of Chandler guidelines.
7. If you are at higher risk for severe illness pursuant to the CDC guidelines, you should avoid attending season activities.
8. Follow CDC guidance at all times.
In order to mitigate the spread COVID-19 and to allow baseball to be played in a safe and uninterrupted manner, CALL will be instituting the following policies for the 2021 season:
1. All managers, coaches and assistants will be required to properly wear a face covering at all times during practice. Only approved coaches will be permitted on the practice field at any time.
2. Spectators who are socially distanced and within their own immediate family may choose whether or not to wear a mask. Spectators must wear a face covering when they are unable to socially distance. Spectators are not permitted in the dugout or on the practice field.
3. Players will be required to properly wear a face covering, except when on the surface of the field of play. Players may elect to wear a face covering on the field of play at their option.
4. Hand sanitizer will be provided and kept in the dugout at all times for use by players during drills and during practice.
5. To the fullest extent possible, managers and coaches will conduct practices to maintain social distancing of six (6) feet between players. Managers and coaches will take measures to limit and avoid congregating.
6. Players must space their equipment bags at least six (6) feet apart during practice.
7. Players shall not be permitted to share equipment (bats, gloves, etc.) or clothing (hats, towels, etc.) at any time, with the exception of league supplied catcher’s equipment which shall sanitized before and after use by each player.
8. Avoid congregating and limit socializing before and after practice. Players are encouraged to remain in cars or socially distant from the field prior to the start of practice.
9. Players will avoid unnecessary contact (i.e. handshakes, high-fives, etc.) to the fullest extent possible during practice.
10. Only approved managers and coaches will be permitted in the equipment shed, and then only one person at a time.
11. No sharing of water bottles, beverages and snacks. Players are required to bring their own properly labeled water bottle for use during practice.
12. DO NOT attend practice or come the fields it you are feeling ill, have a temperature or suspect you have been exposed to COVID-19. In the event, you or your player has been exposed to COVID-19, please immediately notify the league’s President or designated Player’s Agent.
13. No spitting, sunflower seeds, or gum permitted.
14. No practice games or scrimmages will be permitted.
15. Managers and coaches will be encouraged to avoid unnecessary in-person meetings and make use of a digital means of communicating with parents and players (i.e. Team Snap, email, etc.).
GAME PLAY GUIDELINES
In addition to the applicable guidance set forth above, the following guidelines will be in effect during game play:
1. DO NOT attend the game or come the fields it you are feeling ill, have a temperature or suspect you have been exposed to COVID-19. In the event, you or your player has been exposed to COVID-19, please immediately notify the league’s President or designated Player’s Agent.
2. Players will be required to properly wear face coverings, except when on the surface of the field of play. Players may elect to wear a face covering on the field of play at their option.
3. Umpires will be required to wear a face covering while on the field or in the presence of any managers, coaches or players. League owed umpire equipment will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
4. Players should not arrive prior to their schedule time and remain socially distant from games in progress.
5. Players must space their equipment bags at least six (6) feet apart.
6. Social distancing will be maintained in the dugouts to the fullest extent possible.
7. Teams are encouraged to quickly collect their belonging and leave the dugout and/or area of play at the conclusion of the game. Avoid congregating and socializing in the process.
8. Dugouts will be sanitized by a team representative before each game.
9. Teams will be prohibited from shaking hands at the conclusion of the game. Instead, a tip of the cap or a waive will suffice to exhibit good sportsmanship.
10. Group celebrations will be prohibited (i.e. home runs, etc.).
11. Only approved managers, coaches and assistants will be permitted in the dugout and on the field of play. Spectators will not be permitted to come up to the dugout during game play. No exceptions.
12. Players will be encouraged to use hand sanitizer between innings.
13. No sharing of equipment, clothing or water bottles as outlined above.
14. No spitting, sunflower seeds or gum as outlined above.
16. Spectators who are socially distanced and within their own immediate family may choose whether or not to wear a face covering. Spectators must wear a face covering when they are unable to socially distance. Spectators are not permitted in the dugout or on the during game play.
15. League officials will monitor compliance with these guidelines.